Tuesday, September 7, 2010

puppies and ice cream...

That basically encompasses my world for the last 24 hours. I am pooped.
Richard and I got home from the beach trip with Babette and Todd and the kids :-) minus Scotty and Ross yesterday afternoon and my black puppies were so happy to see me. I ate like a fiend at the beach, thanks to Todd's excellent cooking and two massive pizzas sent over by my mom, and let's not forget an "August birthday" cake from Mon Delice. Yummy!
Last night after eating some Coconut ice cream with hot fudge, I said to Richie, "Ok, that's enough fattening up till the next treatment." I don't want to roll to the hospital!!
Then I woke up and weighed myself, expecting to have put on five pounds. Guess what? I lost three. If only I would've known about this diet all along :-).
The beach trip was tiring but well worth it. I got to see many of my WP Dawgs who I've been missing (OAD, Mrs. OAD, Freckles, Flutter to name a few! It's ok if you don't know what I'm talking about. Just nod and move on. That always works for me.) and Toddy even drove from Jacksonville to be with us. It's probably one of the last times I'll be with a big crowd for a while. I understand I'll have to be careful not to catch any kind of infection (and every good Flight attendant knows it's only too easy to catch something in a crowd).
Right now, I could care less about going out. I am so darned tired. It just sneaks up on me and I find myself feeling like a little baby you wake up on the plane after landing, or in the car after arriving somewhere, just after the little tyke has nodded off. You know what happens, right? Tears and utter disbelief anyone has had the nerve to thwart my...eh...their...sleep :-).
No, I'm not that bad, really. Usually. Well, time to take a nap.

4 comments:

  1. Get all the rest you need sunshine bear... rest up and sweet dreams :) xo,mj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour from Honfleur Kimmie
    I am sitting in the kitchen with my hosts and their big white dog "Patoud" whose personal vet I have become. Happy to hear you frolicked in the sun with your loved ones and gorged on luscious food!I miss you,mon cher.
    Lots oh hugs and love from France
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies need to sleep to grow and become strong and healthy, just like you. Just sail on the seas and blow with the wind, tomorrow is another day and the sun will shine on you again. So glad you had a good day. xxx Janey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had known the whole family was there - would have dragged my butt to the beach...:(
    Thought this was an R&R thing. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete