Thursday, September 2, 2010

Greetings From Goldie

...before I lay down for my nap in the peeerrrfect bed. The one I share with baby bear (no, not referring to Richard,papa bear, but puppy boy Frank, aka Friend-Frank, currently of the Quakers. He's a pacifist. Now. We won't mention what became of the head of the "friends."
Ok, so. Chemo has started. It makes me tired, but I have tried to stay fairly active, as the information I have received says not to just lay around. Plus I hate laying around. 'specially not for six months--the proposed amount of time for this chemical therapy.
Saturday Yvette will cut my hair short in preparation for it falling out, and then the sheers will come out. Can you say wig?
The amount of support from my family and friends is unquantifiable. I am in awe and sooo thankful. I love you all so much and have come to believe (even before this challenge came my way) that people and relationship are the most important things in the world. We hope we will live long lives, and that there will be time between meeting deadlines and chasing aspirations to call aunt sally, and visit that old friend, and spend time with parents and siblings. But though our goals in life are fundamental to so many inner parts of ourselves, not to mention our financial well being, they are not what we will miss, they are not what makes life worth living. Therefore, they must be kept in perspective if we are to spend our lives well and with as few regrets as possible. Let's love our precious clans and let them know they are as important to us...as you all have let me know.
Thank you and may I give you all back the love you have poured into me. I know something good is gonna happen (as Kate Bush once said) and just saying it can even make it happen...xxoo

4 comments:

  1. WOW, Kimmy! I'm so glad I got a chance to visit and to spend time with you. Although it was short, it meant the world to me. I miss you already and can't wait to spend MORE time with you soon. You're such an inspiration to me (always have been). I love you so much. I am blessed to have you in my life and a BIG part of me!! Have a good night and I will chat with you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim... I am so sorry to hear that this terrible disease has decided to try to get it's hooks into you. I know for certain that if anyone can beat it, it's you. You are such a competitive person, you are so going to win this match. If there is anything I can do for you and your family, please don't hesitate to let me know. We love you Kim!!! Love, Kristin and John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused about the conflict between Fwank's pacifism and violent tendencies... Seriously, we all love you Kimmy! Especially ME!!

    ReplyDelete