Thursday, October 7, 2010

An Update and An Outing

I'm a bit remiss in posting but I want to update everyone on how K is doing.  She had what I would call a 10 day hangover from her last treatment.  Nausea, fatigue, headaches and generally feeling crappy.  She fights each day and if she is up to it, she exercises.  Seems like that is always a positive, even if it wears her out.  She also experienced some localized soreness that affected her ability to eat for a few days but she managed to get it under control.  And, the Friday shot makes her sore all over.  I'm sitting here describing all of this but it's hard for anyone who hasn't worn the shoes to know what it's really like.  I have a new appreciation for anyone who battles this disease.

We were housebound all weekend but I have converted and love it.  We are attempting to set a netflix record.  I'm betting we get it and you all see us on TV.  K will be doing those lotion commercials.

Wednesday evening K, Scott and I went to the UCF football game.  We grabbed some Chipotle on the way and scarfed it in the lot outside the stadium.  Then we went in and watch the game with our usual seatmates, Paul & Cathi, Napoor, Steve and Sky and EJ and Brett.  The weather was beautiful.  We made it to half time and headed out.  Kimmy was a bit worn out but we had fun.  We don't go to crowded places anymore so I think she enjoyed it.  Tonight it's an early din-din with Eddie and Rosemary.

She is also enjoying hearing from family and friends and having some home cookin' from many kind souls.  Thanks to everyone for the prayers and everything you are doing. 

Well I think that is about it.  3rd "three week treatment" is next Wednesday.  We have only one more after that then it's weekly treatments for another 12 weeks.  Hopefully we get more good news from Dr. Shah!

7 comments:

  1. Love and Light ~ Light and Love ~Love Love Love and all things beautiful to come your way. Thinking of you big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I won't back down
    No I won't back down
    You can stand me up at the gates of hell
    But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground, won't be turned around
    And I'll keep this world from draggin me down
    gonna stand my ground
    ... and I won't back down....

    Kimmy, I am thinking, praying, and singing for you. So much love to you. Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, Hey we made it on the blog..Yeah!! LOL. Seriously guys, It was sooooos good seeing you guys at the UCF game and I think Kimmmy you being there after such a long time brought UCF some good luck inspite of O'leary(I know rich you don't like it when we disparage him too much :P )
    Hey Kimmy, I don't think you have seen Skye in a long time so you will have to tell me how much bigger than a normal 2.5 year old she looks. I love, just love bringing her to the UCF games, and I am hoping to see you more often too. Hey Just FYI, I am going to put 2 streaks of HOT pink in my hair and donate money to Breast Cancer research through my salon(I have done 1 hidden streak every year for the past 4 years, but now I am coming out).I love you guys. Noop
    P.S. Rich, its spelled Noopur & Skye ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimmy ,we think of you often and keep you in our thoughts and prayers. "Keep up the fight" as Bob Marley said. Tom & Jerri Campbell (Becca's mom&dad)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the musical references and keep 'em coming. They inspire playlists that come in handy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just have to post a comment here--Tom and Jerri! It's so nice to hear from you! I miss my Campbells and Dugans :-) Becca, I got your card and the very sweet hand written note inside. Love you always!
    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  7. satta king If you are planning to start up your own blog, think carefully about what you want to write about. Don't just write about what you think others will want to hear. You must write about what you like and what interests you most. Play Bazar By writing what you love, your blog posts will jump out with exciting, interesting information!

    ReplyDelete