Friday, October 1, 2010

Dawg HH


I am lucky enough to be a member of the greatest and best running group ever. It's called Winter Park Dawgs. Ever heard of it? Maybe you've seen one of the "A" group dashing past you at a stop sign near Park Ave? Or maybe you caught me trying to catch up back in the day I could actually run :-)

This group came about due to the compelling personality of our fearless leader, OAD, (Old Anal Dawg,aka John Corbett). He transplanted here from Atlanta several years ago and, being a superb athlete who loves to socialize, slowly began to accumulate fellow athletes who love people.

Of course, it couldn't be that simple or that boring. To join this group, one must first "declare." In other words, bark real loud and shout, "I wanna be a dawg!" After gaining wannbe status, you have to earn Dawg points. 6 in all (I think...?)
THEN, OAD names you. :-) It's all very exciting as the weeks go by and you wonder just what puppy name he will associate with you. There's all sorts. There's OAD himself (an appropriate name if ever there was one.) Mrs. OAD. (We all agree he could've done better with this one :-) Sharon could be called Lucky or Patience depending on the day! heehee), Dear Footy, who makes little foot noises as he runs by you, Freckles who has the most adorable freckles and bright white smile, Stick man, who's tall and lean like a stick man. Crash--he used to be with ATC, and his wife Strutter--she race walks. Gabby, a non-stop motor mouth. Stork--she thinks she got her name cause she has long legs, which she does, but she also has a boat load of kids. hmmm.
There's Yogi. (That's Babette :-))
I thought I might get Booboo.
I got the best name ever and OAd did give me the story behind it once. My name came about due to intangibles in my estimation. (In other words, I wasn't sure why I was so lucky, but I liked it! I understand a certain dawg lobbied for my name once, and she got Froggy instead heehee)
I'm BUNNY! yay!
On Thursdays, after a morning's long run and an afternoon rehashing said run at Einstein's, OAD and much of our pack meet at Outback's for happy hour to bond over beers and, later, tacos at Tijuana Flats. This Thursday was no exception. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend--or so I thought. Freckles sent me the following picture. You can see her winning smile and that's my OAD peeking out from behind her. As Freckles put it, I am smack dab in the center of attention!








5 comments:

  1. Kimmi, I am fighting back tears as I read this last post. Keep in mind, they are tears of joy for you. I am so glad you have so many people pushing and pulling and loving you. You deserve it, little BUNNY! Even my friends, the ones who don't know you very well, and the ones who have never met you are sending prayers, thoughts, and well wishes your way. I love you, my sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bunny, it took me a while to find a bunny as adorable as you. Now that I see these pictures with bunny in action, I know it is almost perfect. Nothing will be as good as the REAL THING! Love you bunches and more, Frex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy all of your friends are showing you the love and laughs you show to us. Every step of the way, we are here for you sending love, prayers, and beautiful wishes your way. Laughter is the best medicine :)
    Thinking of you and Richie Rich... Love you xo, mj

    ReplyDelete
  4. A non-member says thank you to all the group for supporting the youngest of the Davis gang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ensure that the titles of your blog posts are very catchy. Play Bazar Imagine that you are someone who is just browsing the internet and you see your blog post among thousands of others. You should ensure that your blog headline sticks out from the rest satta king .

    ReplyDelete