Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Moving on to second stage of treatment

Chemo treatment's done. I am so glad!

The last few weeks of chemo had gotten difficult, mainly because I was dealing with constant fatigue. And anyone who knows me knows I...um...lose my pleasant disposition when I'm tired. Sleeping did not help for long. Exercise did--but not at the end. Throughout the entire course of chemo, I'd been exercising. Toward the third quarter, exercise had been reduced to little bites, just enough to keep myself energized. By the last quarter, especially the last two weeks, even this was hardly possible. It felt like lead flowed through my veins. Using the phone was difficult. Typing. Laundry. Lifting my arms! I still pushed through whenever possible, but it was an uphill battle and I didn't get the energy boost exercise normally gave.

After the treatment ended, I waited for the fatigue to lift, and had just about decided it wasn't going to fade by the surgery date. Then lo and behold! Over the last three days, I've improved markedly. Maybe the good weather had something to do with me feeling better.

Just in time for surgery. :-)

Surgery is scheduled for March 1st. I'm happy to be moving on in my treatment. I'm anxious about it, but ready. The only way out of this mess is through.

In my mind, I'll have four weeks of major incapacity--no walking the dogs, no laundry, no scrubbing, no lifting, no pilates or yoga! (haha) And then I'll start really healing. I'll also start radiation. That'll be another milestone, and at the same time, another hurdle.

Richie is taking me to the beach this weekend. I'm excited though I'm still bald, have a buddah belly, and may have to invest in press on toenails. One last getaway prior to the big shebang.

People want to know how they can help. I've lined up a few dog walkers, and a few Kimmy sitters. :-) (For the first week), so those things are under control. I know I'll want some cooked food, and I don't see myself shopping, cooking, and cleaning up the mess, so this is probably the main area someone can lend a hand. Contact Yvette or Richie if you're interested! Lastly, check in on Rich if you feel so inclined. He's been a rock--but people aren't meant to be tough all the time, or to carry a heavy load without setting it down once in a while. He won't call and ask for a shoulder to lean on. The shoulder will have to come to him. :-)

Thank you family and friends! Mwah!

1 comment:

  1. It's important to share your passions with others Play Bazar and one way to do this is through the use of a blog. Whether you are traveling abroad, wish to keep in touch with satta king those at home or simply want to share some tips and tricks with others

    ReplyDelete